Friday, July 8, 2016

"The Course of Love" by Alain de Botton

The Course of Love by Alain de Botton

goodreads.com rating: 4.08
my verdict: crap

pro: short
con: it's not that short


This one has the highest rating in goodreads.com among de Botton's numerous books. I found it too late that this is because it has been only very recently released. I believe the rating will go down to around 3.6ish in two months. Of course, for me, this is a one-star crap.

The book is comprised of a series of episodes that you have already seen in some sitcoms. The narratives are pretentious but hollow. De Botton's dumb style that attempts to decorate a pile of shit so that it looks like a cake, persists.

The highlight of the author's stupidity comes when he attempts to compose a bundle of proverbs of his own, when he speaks about Rabih's being ready for marriage. It makes you puke. Hold Caulfield would have puked like a million times about this phoniness.

This being not enough, the audiobook is read by some idiot, who whispers whenever he reads a part where Kirsten says something. Boy, he whispers when Kirsten is quarreling with Rabih.

This is the most horrible book experience for me this year, and I sincerely this does not happen to me again. Not to anybody, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment